PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
When you access our website: www.bartuggi.com or you subscribe to our e-mail service; you might provide us with some basic pieces of personal information. Specifically we collect some personal data about you when you sign up to our newsletter, when you enter competitions and prize draws, when you register with the Website, when you place an order on our Website, when you contact or correspond with us to find out more about a product or to report a problem or for any other reason.
With your consent, we process the following personal data which you provide when you interact with the Website and use the related services and functions. The data may include your first and surname, title, gender, birthdate, email address, phone number, address, financial information (such as credit or debit card details), as well as shipping address, billing address, and any other information that you consider necessary to provide us with.
Processing shall take place both using computers and on paper, and shall always entail the implementation of the security measures provided by current law. We may use and share non-personal data we receive or collect from you without restrictions.
BARTUGGI HELLAS may use the above personal data held about you to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, i.e. to process and complete your orders and to process your payments; to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, violations of law, and other misuse of the Website; to address any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised; for our internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting. In addition, with your consent, your personal data may be used to make suggestions and recommendations to you about other products or services that may be of interest; to deliver newsletters; to remind you of products you have placed in your basket on the Website, but have not purchased; to tailor our Website content to your needs and preferences and to carry out automated decision-making and profiling for the purpose of identifying what information or advertising you might like to see from use.
Your data may in any case be processed, even without your consent, for the purpose of complying with laws, regulations, EU Law (art 6.1.(c) of the GDPR, to perform statistics on the Website’s usage and ensure its proper functioning (art. 6.1.(f) of the Regulation),and to establish or defend the legal claims in the interest of the Company.
Protection of the information we hold about you
The personal data is entered into the our computer system in full compliance with data protection law, including security and confidentiality profiles and based on principles of correct practice, lawfulness and transparency in processing. Access to customer account information is limited to those who need access for the performance of their job. Confidentiality and database access controls are reviewed periodically and updated as required to further protect our personal data.
Data is accessible by BARTUGGI HELLAS staff authorised to process personal data, who belong to IT and administrative staff, customer services, marketing as well as other individuals who need to process the data to perform their job duties.
• service providers (for example, IT services), business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (such as, but not limited to, Website operations, payment services, shipments, delivery couriers, fraud investigations, bill collection, and affiliate and rewards programs);
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
• law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorised third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity through the Website that may expose us and/or the user or any third party to legal risks or liability; and
These third parties who may receive your data will process that data for the purposes specified above and in accordance with applicable law. BARTUGGI HELLAS will retain a list of all having access to these data, which will be available upon request.
Right to information, access, oppose and delete
We will store your data for as long as strictly necessary for us to provide the relevant services to you, for as long as you wish to keep in touch with us or as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting & analysis. Even if you request to erase your data, we may keep it in a form that doesn’t identify you. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
• Access. You have the right to access data we hold about you as well as an updated list of the individuals who can access your data. We will need you to prove your identity before we release any personal data to you.
• Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right or obligation to retain it).
• Restriction. You have the right to restrict your use of personal information if the data is inaccurate, our use of the information is unlawful or if we no longer need to use the data for the purposes for which we hold it.
• Change of preferences. You can change your data processing preferences at any time. For example, if you have given your consent to direct marketing, but have changed your mind, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us using the details provided below or clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any communication you receive.
• Complaints. If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us.
To exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please send an email to .
The rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data
The following types of cookie may be used during your visit on our website:
• Site Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to identify users between page loads and are essential in enabling you to browse the website, such as remembering certain user settings. Without them, certain services provided (such as use of the shopping bag) on the website could not be provided.
• Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used to measure and analysis how the visitors use the website (for example site traffic, total sales through the Website, the pages visitors go to most often and pages from which the visitors get error messages) in order to continuously improve the Website and the customer shopping experience. All information collected by these cookies is anonymous and are not used to identify you.
• Customer Preference Cookies: Functionality cookies remember your preferences and behaviour and help us to personalise your shopping. So, if the last time you visited, you decided that you wanted to shop the UK site in English and see prices in £s, that's what we'll show you.
• Targeting & Advertising Cookies: These cookies may be used in order for us to deliver personalised advertisements that are more relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see one of our advertisements online and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
• Third Party Cookies: third party companies for marketing and advertising purposes. These cookies allow us to make more informed decisions about what our customers want from us. Third party companies may employ a mixture of both session and persistent cookies. Any information that they collect is anonymous.
If you prefer, set up your internet browser to not accept cookies. You should still be able to use our site without having cookies enabled. However, it must be noted that disabling cookies could impair your ability to use the Website and/or prevent you from benefitting in full from the available functions and services. Further information about controlling or deleting cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.